JOB TITLE: Azure Data Engineer
REPORTING TO: BI Manager
PURPOSE: This is a key role in the Business Insight team responsible for the delivery of a new organisation wide BI infrastructure, bringing together data from our core systems to provide a single view of the business.
- This role will work across the full Delivery Lifecycle - Define, Design, Develop & Deploy.
- Designing and developing new Data Models used to build the reports that support decision making and providing Insight throughout the company.
- Creation of ETL/ELT processes, using Azure Synapse, between source systems and the cloud based Data Warehouse.
- To document the technical design of developed components in accordance with Data & Analysis standards.
- Ensure the implementation of company's policies, processes and procedures relating to data governance & risk.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to deliver BI solutions.
- Working in collaboration with internal teams to embed a Data and BI driven culture.
- Supporting the BI Manager to maintain focus on the company and the teams' strategic objectives
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid experience and understanding of BI tools, development and database management systems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of SQL, T-SQL, Pyspark and DAX.
- Significant knowledge of ETL design and development using Azure Data Factory/Synapse/SSIS or similar.
- Significant knowledge of SQL Server.
- Experience in data warehousing techniques (dimensional modelling) and tools SSAS/Power BI Datasets or similar.
- Hands on experience of working with BI Visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau and Qlikview. Preferably, Power BI.
- Exposure to Azure and Cloud Platforms.
- Experience with any ERP system.
- Understanding and experience of Agile development approach and Tools (DevOps).
- Strong analytical skills.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Python and API integration.
- Exposure to Data Lakes and other Big Data Technology.
- Experience with Infor M3 (ERP) or Deem (ETL).
- Experience of development through PowerApps.
- Previous experience mentoring junior team members
- Excellent problem solver.
- Numerical and analytical mindset.
- Organised, delivery focused and comfortable working on own initiative.
- Collaborative and team orientated.
- Desire and passion for continuous learning.
- Comfortable with working to agile principles.
- A clear communicator that is comfortable with working with all departments and levels of seniority.
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am - 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early or start and finish late (i.e. work 8.00am-4.30pm or 10.00am-6.30pm etc). We also have 30 minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts as a hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don't want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs /events
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to know more please email me on Thomas.email@example.com.