This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team that are working in an exciting and innovative area!
An experienced, hands-on Test Team Leader with excellent stakeholder management skills is required for undertaking the day to day supervision of the testing staff engaged in testing activities, in order to ensure that high-quality QA is provided in relation to the implementation of changes to existing or new systems across their Bus and Rail divisions.
You must have a proven track record as a Team Lead or Manager having carried out 121’s of your team, with a minimum of 2 years management experience.
Knowledge & Experience for Test Team Leader / Manager – Croydon:
- ISTQB certified tester at foundation level (minimum)
- Highly computer literate.
- Previous people and team management experience (2 years minimum)
- Testing experience including the creation of test plans, test scripts, and test execution.
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude to work and the ability to learn quickly with an ambitious and results driven personality.
- Ability to work proficiently in a fast-paced dynamic environment, quick learner.
- Team player and leader works well within a team and leads through example and well-articulated expectations.
- Manages expectations, sets realistic goals, delivers on promises.
- Has a desire to work in a multi-discipline retail environment with teams of various levels of experience
- Understands when to take a hands-on approach, when to delegate and when to leverage the various third-party suppliers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator both written and orally produces high-quality documentation supporting all activities, such as procedures, policies, reports, guides and test documentation.
- An analytical mind to help identify, isolate and describe a problem.
- Excellent organisation skills, familiarity with testing methodologies and project lifecycle
- Experience in stakeholder management and deadline deliverables.
- Thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Principal Accountabilities for Test Team Leader / Manager – Croydon:
- Being the primary point of contact for the Test team in all manner of test activities
- Manage the planning, delivery, and performance of the test team.
- To take ownership for the full testing life cycle, test policies, documentation, tools, strategies, and plans.
- To liaise with the project teams or business in regard to the scope of the testing activities.
- Ensure that the test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure the test approach is appropriate for project or task.
- To support other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities
- Technical mentoring of the test team, monitoring staff development and conducting appraisals.
- To ensure other members of the test team undertake quality assurance checks during third-party supplier developments.
- To ensure the test team execute tests and ensure results are recorded and test reports submitted
- To ensure issues are tracked and managed in an orderly fashion.
- To escalate as required when issues are not resolved in a timely manner.
- Progress reporting to stakeholders.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to improve QA processes and practices within the team.
- Perform usability, functional, performance, exploratory and acceptance testing as the situation and product demands.
- Liaise with Suppliers, stakeholders, and project teams, with a particular reference to maintaining a positive working relationship.
- Provide feedback to the Retail Design & Test Manager on the performance and delivery of both teams and individuals.
- Carry out other tasks as agreed with the Retail Design & Test Manager/Test Lead.
- Follow the personal and professional behaviours and values.
How to apply for Test Team Leader / Manager – Croydon
If you would like to be considered for the Test Team Leader / Manager – Croydon please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Croyden, Greater London