Technical Engineer -CCNA / IT Support 2nd Line Level – London £40,000 – £45,000 depending upon experience
The Technical Engineer role is a key one as it traverses two fields. The Technical Engineer provides technical support and is also used as a technical resource for completing services and solutions that are sold to our customers. E.g. onsite support or installations. The Technical Engineer must be willing to be flexible as evening and weekend work may occasionally be required, as well as some travel domestically and abroad.
Technical Engineer / IT Support / IT Systems – Responsible for support of the following:
- Degree qualified ideally
- You must have the right to work and live in the UK and be in a commutable distance of Central London
- 3- 5 years’ experience IT Support experience in a blue chip IT Organistaion at a 2nd line level – experience of installations would be an advantage
- Comptia A +
- Microsoft Qualifications or Vocational IT qualifications are desirable
- IT Systemsboth hardware and software The broader the knowledge the better
- Excellent problem solving skills – troubleshoot complex problems and think on your feet
- Excellent customer facing skills as you will be interavting with clients on a regular basis
- The desktop environment and Windows deployments on PCs and laptops.
- Network Infrastructure at a basic level.
- Hardware Support including Mobile Devices, Printers and Scanners.
- General Software Support including standard productivity software – i.e. MS Office, Acrobat etc.
- Administration of Active Directory.
- Administration of Office 365/Skype for Business.
- Basic troubleshooting and maintenance of a Virtual Environment (Hyper-V).
- Supporting remote/home users in the UK and abroad.
- Cisco Call Manager and IP phones.
- Monitor and verify Backup jobs.
- Asset Management.
- Software Licensing.
- Hardware warranty register.
Technical Engineer / IT Sysems / IT Support – Potential responsibilities when used as a resource on a Solutions Project.
- Assisting with the design of a Windows image.
- Coordinating hardware rollouts.
- Installing hardware and software.
- Imaging PCs and Servers
- Configuring PC and Server hardware.
- Trouble shooting problems for clients (hardware and software).
- Audit and asset tagging of equipment.
- Disposal or data wiping of hardware.
- Network configuration.
- IT support.
How to apply for Technical Engineer / IT Support / IT Systems
If you would like to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgEngland, Greater London, London Wall