Team Leader / Senior Software Engineer / Software Architect / C++/ C# / Python in Bristol / Bath area
A rapidly-growing underwriting agency combining world leaders in (re)insurance underwriting and artificial intelligence-based simulation modeling. The firm underwrites cyber reinsurance contracts, and is building cyber insurance products that will be distributed globally. They are seeking senior technical leadership for a new office in the Bristol / Bath area with work from home options.
They offer a flexible, equal-opportunity workplace with an engaged and talented team delivering high-quality projects on the cutting edge of technology.
Are you a Senior Software Engineer / Developer / Team Lead with experience in data analytics software to lead its in-house development team? The role will report directly to the Chief Analytics Officer.
The successful candidate will have exposure to a wide range of software engineering practices in complex, mission critical, or highly regulated environments in nearly any industry vertical. Cyber security experience and skills is a plus as well as Insurance experience.
Responsibilities for Senior Software Engineer / Developer / Team Lead / C++/ C#/Python include
- Hands on best practices software development in various modern languages
- Application of software engineering skills to advanced data science problems
- Lead achievement of the team’s software engineering outcomes in a distributed environment
- Mentoring and advancement of other team members
- Participate in and encourage our team culture of excellence and engineering quality
- Develop and maintain internal and external collaborative relationships
Education and Experience Requirements for Senior Software Engineer / Developer / Team Lead / C++/ C# / Python
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering (Computer Systems, Software, IT&T, Systems). Specialisations in computer science, advanced mathematics are highly regarded
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Cyber Security or Insurance would be a plus
- Team-based work, including leadership of distributed teams
- Software engineering standards and practice, covering project definition, customer engagement, needs elicitation, model-based design (UML) and Agile and milestone-driven project management
- Engineering management systems and quality assurance, covering change control, version control, continuous integration, formal reviews and requirements verification
- Diverse software development principles, covering concurrency design patterns, dependency injection, inversion of control & performance profiling and tuning
- Multiple software languages and environments, including Windows and Linux systems, Web and REST API development and at least one of C++, C#, Java or Python
- Modern, underlying technologies such as high performance computing, GPGPU, AWS/AMI or other cloud environments
We provide for Senior Software Engineer / Developer / Team Lead / C++/ C# Python
- An inclusive team culture that fosters and rewards excellence.
- Competitive salary based on candidate’s ability to perform
- Significant growth potential
- Modern, high-performance development environment and tools
- An equal opportunity workplace
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
How to apply for Senior Software Engineer / Developer / Team Lead / C++/ C# Python / data analytics
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic opportunity and you have the required skill set please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgBristol, England