SQL Development Lead–SQL Server/TSQL required by a highly successful Marketing Company based in its Central London offices. As a SQL Development Lead you will be working for a market-leading Company who can boast an enviable client-base of leading house-hold names.
As a SQL Development Lead you will remain 50% hands on and will also manage and mentor a small team, working on development project tasks and ensuring they deliver to a high standard for clients. This may change depending on work-loads so there may be occasions where you are 100% managing and other times you will be completely hands on. You will need to have solid TSQL and SQL Server development experience, but training can be provided on SSIS and SSRS, so this is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience of this.
Key Responsibilities of the SQL Development Lead–SQL Server/TSQL
- Manage and mentor a small team of around 5 developers, ensuring the team get full training and support, making sure all client outputs your team produce are delivered accurately and on time
- Carrying out regular performance reviews
- Proactively review and implement change, addressing issues and improvements raised by others to help streamline and improve the team
- challenge development methods wherever possible and work to improve processes
- provide cover for other team seniors and the team leader when required
- Work with the seniors to ensure consistency across the Production team, and act as the first point of escalation for your team in relation to issues, delays and last minute job requests
- You’ll run QC checks ensuring the accuracy and quality of your team’s selections and outputs
Key Skills of the SQL Development Lead–SQL Server/TSQL
- Solid experience of using Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies (including T-SQL programming)
- able to interpret and run pre-defined processes and scripts
- an in-depth knowledge (and experience) of delivering end-to-end campaigns
- A good knowledge of relational database concepts
- You’ll be ready and able to coach and train a small team, and you’ll manage your time well
- If you have any experience in SSIS and SSRS, that’d be great, but it’s not essential as full training is on offer for the right applicant.
As a SQL Development Lead you will receive a base salary of up to £48,000 plus a bonus of up to 10% (typically you will receive at least 7%) as well as extensive benefits including contributory pension, season ticket loan, subsidised gym, minimum 25 days holiday, to name but a few. This Company is doing some exciting things currently, so it is an excellent time to join!
If the SQL Development Lead role sounds like something you are interested in, please email a recent version of your CV to Danielle.email@example.com. Alternatively apply within.England, Greater London, London