Software Engineer – Big Data ( Java / Kafka / AWS )
6 month contract (February start date)
£550-700 per day (depending on experience)
A Software Engineer – Big Data ( Java / Kafka / AWS ) is required to join a team of highly skilled and experienced Data Engineers and Software Engineers. You will be joining an organisation within the Business Travel sector, based in Central London.
As the Software Engineer – Big Data ( Java / Kafka / AWS ) you will write clean, efficient code (Java) and develop new services and software solutions. You will develop scalable and highly performant distributed systems with full responsibility.
The right candidate must have a passion for Data and must be prepared to collaborate with other Data Engineers of all levels.
You will have the opportunity to liaise with stakeholders, work with business partners and influence design.
Essential skills for the Software Engineer – Big Data ( Java / Kafka / AWS ) include :
- Minimum 3 years as a Software Engineer
- Minimum 1 Big Data Project under your belt
- Expertise in Java Programming language
- Use java to create software solutions for customer centric web applications
- Knowledge in Kafka streaming within a Big Data environment
- Commercial experience in Cassandra and AWS Services
- Knowledge and passion for system architecture
Desirable skills for the Software Engineer – Big Data ( Java / Kafka / AWS ) include :
- Commercial experience with Docker / Redis
- Experience using Git
- Passion for clean code and unit testing
- Previously taken ownership and responsibility of the architecture of vital components
What’s in it for the Software Engineer – Big Data ( Java / Kafka / AWS )?
- Competitive contract salary
- Fun and creative team of data enthusiasts
- International atmosphere
- Great office location, easy transport access
- A working environment where hunger and commitment is recognised and rewarded
You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK. If you would like to be considered for the Software Engineer – Big Data ( Java / Kafka / AWS ) role, please click Apply.
The ideal candidate must be able to interview in January with a view to start in February.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.England, Greater London, London