Senior Software Developer ( .Net / SQL / Azure )
3-6 months initially
£550 – £650 per day D.O.E
A Senior Software Developer ( .Net / SQL / Azure ) is required for a prestigious Financial Services client in Central London.
The successful Senior Developer will be working in a small team, so we are looking for someone who is a good listener and can work under pressure. You will need to be pragmatic and size things up.
Role responsibilities for the Senior Software Developer ( .Net / SQL / Azure );
- Develop and maintain database code in T-SQL stored procedures, views and other database artefacts that constitute the core product(s)
- Develop and maintain .NET code using C#, VB.NET and various web technologies required for bug-fixing and new features within the core product(s).
- Develop and maintain any tooling that has been built to support any aspect of product development and implementation, possibly in a variety of technologies.
- Propose any coding and process improvements within the department where they become apparent to the candidate.
- Ensure all code worked on is source-controlled using the internal source control frameworks.
Required experience for the Senior Software Developer ( .Net / SQL / Azure );
- Excellent C#, .NET, SQL Server & Azure Software Development and Architecture experience.
- Strong Application development experience in creating and maintaining:
- Highly performant server-side C# code within several industry-standard architectures including Web API, Web applications (any), Windows Services and microservices architectures.
- Unit tests for all relevant code bases using industry standard frameworks like xUnit, Moq, etc.
- Highly performant T-SQL procedures, views, schemas
- Strong experience with SQL Server, and more recently SQL Server 2017+
- Have experience in version control systems such as Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, TFS, understand branching strategies and the pitfalls when merging code between branches.
- Be able to quickly understand business requirements and translate them into code. This includes the ability to perform the data analysis required on sample data to ensure that the written code is effective.
- Experience processing high volumes of data in .NET/Azure environments/applications
- Attention to detail and drive for quality.
- Collegiate & collaborative with a “can-do” attitude to be part of a team and do what needs to be done to drive the product and team forwards.
- A good problem solver who can extract the real requirements or root causes of issues.
Desired experience for the Senior Software Developer ( .Net / SQL / Azure );
- Have experience working with cloud platforms such as Azure and / or AWS and cloud services such as Azure SQL
- Experience developing and utilising modern containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Familiarity with collaboration suites i.e. Atlassian product (Jira, Confluence)
- SQL Server Integration Services – building and deploying packages
- Datawarehouse concepts and implementation experience
- Working with development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum
- Scripting languages e.g. VBA, Python, PowerShell
- Financial service industry business applications and data
- Data Quality and Data provider business applications
The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. To apply for this role please urgently send an update of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Central London