Senior DBA – SQL Server / TSQL / VM / AlwaysOn is required for a market-leading financial company based in the Wokingham / Reading area due to continued demand for their services and several new projects which are key investment for the business. As the Senior DBA, you will be responsible proactively managing the MS SQL estate working alongside a Junior DBA.
The company manages billions of pounds’ worth of assets in the UK alone have a global presence. There is a basic salary on offer in the region of £50,000 – £55,000 plus £8k on-call allowance, bonus and an impressive list of benefits on offer for the right Senior DBA. Other perks include:
- Very friendly, inclusive and supportive culture;
- Lots of promoting from within;
- This expansion means a variety of career progression options in the future;
- Complete trust and autonomy with your role and the direction you think it should go;
- Training in any knowledge-gaps.
It’s an exciting time for a Senior DBA to be joining as the company are undergoing several database migrations to the latest versions of SQL Server, implementing a brand new AlwaysOn high availability solution and also long-term project plan of implementing SQL Azure.
The successful Senior DBA will have the following:
- Five years’ experience working in a similar production SQL Server DBA role (Ideally 2 years as a senior);
- Excellent T-SQL querying skills for performance tuning and query optimisation;
- Experience supporting SQL Server in a virtualised environment;
- Ability to produce analytical documentation for business stakeholders;
- Knowledge of the full MS BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS & SSAS).
Desirable Skills/Qualifications for the Senior DBA role:
- Previous experience implementing AlwaysOn high availability.
- Exposure to SQL Azure;
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Experience of the financial services industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Senior DBA who is looking for an exciting and lucrative career in the financial services industry. You will be further developing your production DBA skill-set in a vibrant and friendly environment.
Again, a basic salary between £50,000 – £55,000 plus £8k on-call allowance, bonus and benefits is on offer depending on your experience working across the full BI stack.
To find out more about this role, please send your CV to Lewis Blades (firstname.lastname@example.org) for review as initial interviews with the client are being arranged ASAP.
Key skills: DBA / Database Administrator / Microsoft / SQL Server / TSQL / Stored Procedures / ETL / Extract Transform Load / SSIS / SSAS / Cube / MDX / Data Warehouse / Analytics / VM / Virtualisation / Cloud / Azure / AlwaysOn / Replication / PowerShell / High AvailabilityReading