Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / AWS )
6 month contract
£550 day rate
A Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / AWS ) is required to join a global alternative investment firm based in Central London.
The Data Engineer will play an integral role on the Data and Analytics team to deliver world-class analytics capabilities to an array of segments and asset types (including credit, energy, mortgages, finance).
This is for an initial 6-month contract, with a view to begin in April 2019.
Essential skills for the Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / AWS ) include:
- Expertise of the Scala language
- Deep knowledge and expertise of Apache Spark streaming
- Previous commercial experience building a Data Lake and to understand it’s implications
- Previous experience managing engineers in a busy, thriving environment
- Deep understanding of how to test your work end-to-end
- Public cloud platform knowledge (their infrastructure has been 100% AWS since 2018)
- To know Test Driven Development (TDD) as a practice
Desirable skills for the Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / AWS ) include:
- Previous experience operating in an Agile environment
- Have any experience with the following: Apache Kafka, Akka, Cassandra
- Previous experience of functional programming
- Previous commercial experience working in credit, finance, investment
What’s in it for the Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / AWS )?
- Newly furbished office in the heart of London
- Working alongside some of the best Data Engineers in the world
- The opportunity to run and manager your own team of Data Engineers and propose new technology solutions or procedures
If you would like to apply for the Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / AWS ) vacancy, you can email me at: email@example.com
Not for you but know of someone who’s a great fit? Tell them to apply and we’ll send you £200 as a thank you if they’re successful.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate.