Senior Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Python )
12 month contract
£625-675 per day
A Senior Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Python ) is required to join a leading Retail firm based in Central London.
This is for a 12 month contract, looking to commence as soon as possible (early March).
The Senior Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Python ) will organize and influence the data pipeline for customer data across the organization.
You will obtain hands on experience in both cloud infrastructure, cloud and ETL technologies and work alongside some of the best Data Analysts in the world.
Essential skills for the Senior Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Python ) include:
- Expert in SQL ( Oracle / SQL Server )
- Extensive knowledge in either Python or Scala programming languages, used for data processing
- Extensive knowledge in Data Processing platforms ( Apache Spark, AWS Glue, Apache Hadoop )
- Familiar with and comfortable with public cloud platforms ( preference for AWS )
- Technically hands-on as well as leadership capabilities
- Concise and effective communicator
Desirable skills for the Senior Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Python ) include:
- Previous retail experience, or experience in customer analysis
- Previous mentoring / leadership of more than 1 Data Engineer
- AWS Athena and AWS Glue
What’s in it for the Senior Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Python ) ?
- 12 month contract working for one of the world’s leading Retail organizations
- Competitive contract day rate
- Exposure to AWS set
You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK.
Please do not apply if your skill-set does not match the above criteria.
If you would like to be considered for the Senior Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Python ) role, please click Apply.
The ideal candidate must be able to start in March 2019.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.England, Greater London, London