Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Cassandra / Kafka )
A Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Cassandra / Kafka ) is required to join a prestigious entertainment company based in Central London. The project is six months in length and will look to commence in November. My client is inviting a passionate technologist with lengthy big data experience, to apply hands-on skills and ideas to their core technology as a senior member of the team. The ideal candidate will be recognised as a subject matter expert and must be willing to mentor and develop more junior Data Engineers, providing help and support when required.
The Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Cassandra / Kafka ) will cover specific areas of big data like data engineering, distributed computing and machine learning. Experience in most of these and proven interest in others is required.
Essential and Desirable Skills for the Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Cassandra / Kafka ) include:
- At minimum of six years of hands-on professional experience as a data engineer developing production level analytics, big data applications.
- Expert programming skills in Java, Scala or/and Python.
- Expert in Apache Spark.
- Good knowledge of AWS analytic stack – Redshift, Spectrum, Kinesis, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Excellent experience of RDBMS, NoSQL.
- Proficient in handling operational tasks on AWS and/or managing databases, etc.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles, components and architecture.
- Experience with streaming solutions and real time applications
- Experience in processing real-time events using Kafka, Flume or NiFi
- Knowledge in machine learning / recommendations.
Qualifications & Prerequisites for the Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Cassandra / Kafka ) role:
- Degree or higher in Computer Science / Big Data / Machine Learning.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Ability to interact at all level across our client base.
The technology Stack
Scala / Java, Apache Spark, AWS big data stack, Kinesis / Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch / Solr, Apache Nifi
If you would like to be considered for the Senior Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Cassandra / Kafka ) role, please click Apply.
The ideal candidate must be able to start in November, with a view to interview immediately.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.England, Greater London, London