Scala Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Kafka )
6-12 Month Contract
£500-£650 per day
Scala Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Kafka ) is required to join a leading Data and Insights company based in the heart of London on an initial 6-month contract.
You will be joining a team of gifted engineers and will work closely with the Data Science & Product teams to make data driven decisions that will improve business outcomes for their end-clients.
Key responsibilities for the Scala Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Kafka )
- Provide expertise into the data engineering solutions.
- Design and develop new features and applications in response to the end client’s needs.
- Technically contributing to improving services and recommending ways to improve business decisions through the use of data.
- Design and implement the lifecycle of a system or feature.
- Troubleshooting complex problems.
Essential skills for the Scala Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Kafka ) include:
- Extensive experience of building scalable data pipelines.
- Extensive experience of functional programming
- Expert in Spark.
- Expert in Scala.
- Experience building containers using Kubernetes.
- Previous experience working with Kafka/Kafka streaming.
- Proven experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex and scalable projects.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
Nice to have skills for the Scala Data Engineer ( Scala / Spark / Kafka ) include:
- Experience with key technologies – Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Postgres.
- Experience with key supporting technologies such as Akka, ScalaTest etc.
- Previous commercial experience with Python.
- Knowledge of distributed systems.
If you feel like this role is a strong fit for you then please click apply.
(Must possess the legal right to work within the UK, unfortunately my client cannot offer VISA sponsorship).England, Greater London, London