PHP Developer (Remote)
2/3 Days a week
£300 – £350
PHP developer required for an e-learning company to join them on an initial 6-month contract working on a large, distributed piece of software with multiple APIs (as distinct from small standalone websites.)
This PHP Developer role is remote based, and the client is looking for 2/3 days work, ideally the developer will be from Manchester or local so is able to attend meetings when necessary.
• Object-oriented programming in general
• Object-oriented PHP specifically
• Linux (basic sysadmin tasks at a minimum)
• Apache (including configuration)
• MySQL / Aurora (i.e. basic through to advanced SQL, and database configuration)
• AWS (EC2, S3, RDS)
• XML and ideally XSLT
• Source code control through Git
• Integrating 3rd-party APIs (RESTful or otherwise)
Highly beneficial skills;
• Identity/access management systems such as OAuth, Shibboleth, etc.
• At least one PHP OO framework (Zend, Symfony, etc.)
• At least one CSS framework (e.g. Semantic), and LESS, SCSS, etc.
• HTML and CSS in responsive designs
• Knowledge of (and interest in) academic publishing and/or library-related technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an established PHP Developer looking for their next contract opportunity, if you would like to discuss this further please send your CV to Hayleigh.Davy@venturi-group.com.England, Greater Manchester, Manchester