Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant
3 – 6 months’ contract
£500 – £700
An experienced Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant is needed to work for one of my prestigious clients based in their London offices.
As the Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant, you will form a key part of the delivery of cutting edge data platform solutions built on the Microsoft Azure Platform.
The Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant will be working with one of the industry’s foremost BI strategy and technology teams, including working closely with Microsoft, to implement cutting edge projects using Azure, .Net, SQL Server 2016, and Power BI. The role will involve designing and building solutions using both Classic and ARM Azure services.
These include both Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Server, Azure Data Factory, Azure Service Bus, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and SQL Server 2016 hosted on a VM cluster.
Responsibilities for the Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant will include:
- Design, development and delivery of .Net and SQL based solutions on Microsoft Azure based architectures.
- Working within a combined onshore/offshore (India) development and test team working under an agile SCRUM based model.
- Working on client site and playing a key role in client project delivery to help see client engagements through to a commercially successful conclusion.
- Producing technical documentation
Required skills & experiences for the successful Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant
- Azure – Experience in delivering solutions built on at least some of the following Azure components and services: Azure Storage (Blob, Tables and Queues), Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure SQL, Stream Analytics, Azure Batch.
- .Net – Experience in delivering C# .Net solutions.
- SQL Server – Experience in delivering solutions on SQL Server 2012 and above, or SQL Azure
- Good understanding of application life cycle management ideally using Team Foundation Services or Visual Studio Online.
- Business facing skills and a proven consultative approach.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects, within a development team using both Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall based management techniques.
Desired skills & experiences include for the successful Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant
- Understanding of enterprise BI and data warehousing concepts and methods especially Kimball design techniques.
- Azure Data Lake Analytics (U-SQL)
- Dashboard development with Power BI or similar tools (Tableau, QlikView)
- Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Service Bus, Application Insights, Event Hubs
- Experience of the Microsoft SQL Server BI stack including SQL Server (Pref. 2012 onwards), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) tabular and OLAP, Reporting Services (SSRS), Master Data Service (MDS)
The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. To apply for this role please urgently apply for this role via the link below.England, Greater London, London