Linux Systems Admin
£375 – £425 p/d
3 month rolling contract
Linux Systems Admin is required to work for a FinTech client based in London. As their Linux Systems Admin, you will be based in their easily accessible Central London office supporting the IT Team as they continue to grow to be one of the fastest growing FinTech companies.
Key responsibilities for the Linux Systems Admin:
- Maintain and manage the On-Prem and Co-located Server Infrastructure.
- Maintain production web infrastructure, including the client’s public websites.
- Identify ways to improve system scalability, reliability and performance.
- Take responsibility for backup, disaster recovery, security and monitoring procedures.
- Support the developers and dev infrastructure.
- Ensure the client meets all compliance and regulatory standards.
- Document system design and procedures.
Essential skills for the Linux Systems Admin:
- Strong Linux Sys Admin skills with a minimum 3 years of 3rd line support experience.
- Solid experience supporting websites using LAMP stack.
- Strong scripting skills – Bash, Shell, PHP, Python.
- Nginx, Apache and HAproxy
- DNS (Blind, PowerDNS).
- Nargios or ChceckMK.
- LDAP or Kerberos.
- Logstash and Elasticsearch.
Desirable skills for the Linux Systems Admin:
- Previous experience working with developers in a DevOps environment.
- Knowledge of core networking concepts like Network Design, Reverse Proxies, Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN’s, NAT, Routing.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices related to security, performance and disaster recovery.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both tech and non-tech peers.
Industry experience is not a key factor, however familiarity with start-up / FinTech companies will be a bonus!
If you feel that you wish to apply for this role, please apply within.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Development & Design, Business Intelligence, IT & Infrastructure Support. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business.England, Greater London, London