Lead Data Engineer – (C#/.Net /Visual Studio /Azure Data Lake)
London (Near Camden Station)
£90,000 – £95,000 per annum / 15% bonus / flexible working hours
This is an excellent opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer – (C#/.Net /Visual Studio /Azure Data Lake) with a solid data background, an understanding of building cloud-based data services and a desire to grow in this area.
We are committed to creating a culture of learning and regularly run proof of concepts, provide internal demos, manage workshops and attend external conferences.
Our data team has a wide range of skills including development for highly transactional RDBMS and NoSQL systems, data warehousing, data science and cloud technology and we are always working to raise everyone’s game.
Our cross-functional Data team has a big and exciting challenge ahead. We are in the process of re-platforming our traditional, on-premises RDBMS environment to a new microservice architecture in the cloud. We’re making use of the diverse set of data technologies in Microsoft Azure to offer new services, reporting structures and real-time data pipelines…all while serving the day-to-day requirements of a rapidly growing, data-hungry organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the implementation plan for greenfield projects and major development work.
- Contributing to the running of POCs using technology across the data landscape
- Understanding the team’s training requirements and organisation of internal/external training.
- Working with technical leads and business stakeholders to create data solutions that perform at scale.
- Maintaining our on-premises, transactional and analytical, MS SQL Server Infrastructure.
- Consideration for both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Building and maintaining continuous integration/deployment pipelines with test automation at its core.
- Line management of a small group of Junior to Senior Data Engineers.
- Conducting one-to-ones and biannual performance reviews
You will have:
- C#, .Net, Visual Studio
- Good understanding NoSQL data stores (CosmosDb) and HDFS (Azure DataLake).
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of MS SQL Server in a highly transactional, high concurrency environment
- Building loosely coupled data services in a cloud environment (ideally Azure).
- Providing training and guidance to team members at all levels.
- Test-driven development and building automated continuous integration/deployment pipelines.
- Proven leadership experience with track record of mentoring/coaching team members.
- Can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
It would be a bonus if you also had:
- Git, Azure DevOps
- RabbitMQ, Kafka, Event Hubs
- Azure Databricks
This is an excellent opportunity for a individual to join one of the biggest Azure hirers using the latest cloud technology that are currently taking the market by storm! To find out more, please send your CV to email@example.com for review.