IT Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer – Linux, Windows, Networking
Currently seeking a personable IT Systems Administrator to join our Central London based client. In this role you will be working with the IT Systems Administration Manager to maintain the operations of the company’s server systems, networking infrastructure, and communications.
Salary: up to £50k + Bonus + Benefits
- Duration: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP (Understand notices may have to be served)
- Location: Central London
The successful Systems Engineer will have the following:
- Circa 5+ years commercial experience (2 years in a similar role)
- Strong Linux experience (ideally RedHatCentOs)
- Scripting knowledge (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Microsoft Windows Server & Desktop Environments
- Active Directory & GPO management
- Network administration (TCP/IP, DHCP, wireless, DNS etc.)
- Data backup technologies
- Pro-active, collaborative team member
Any of the following would be highly advantageous but NOT necessary:
- Experience with configuration management (such as Puppet or Chef)
- Experience with Server virtualisation (KVMRHV)
- Experience with LAMP Stack
- Experience with SDN Technologies
- SwitchRouterFirewall management
- Storage technologies (SANiSCSISambaZFSNFS)
- Security Patch management
- Knowledge of Mitel phone systems
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions (NagiosIcingaSolarwinds)
As the successful Systems Engineer, you shall be responsible for:
- Design, installation, upgrading, operation, control and maintenance of Windows and Linux server systems, network, voice and desktop infrastructures.
- Ensure the availability of all relevant systems, through the implementation and management of maintenance, monitoring and change control strategies.
- Maintain up to date and effective documentation on all relevant IT systems, services and procedures.
- Managing user accounts and access levels.
- Assist in the Development and control of the IT security policy and associated policies.
This is a superb opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator to work within a Corporate company that has a refreshing “small company atmosphere”.
If this is of interest to you, please do click ‘apply’ now. CV’s are being reviewed as a priority.
Key terms: Systems Administrator, Linux, Redhat, CentOs, Windows Server, Networking, TCP/IP, SAN, Scripting, Active Directory, Firewall, SecurityEngland, Greater London, London