Head of Data Engineering, London. ( Nifi, Hadoop, Kafka, Python )
Head of Data Engineering is required for an exciting and fast growing company based in London. The role requires a strong communicator who can define, implement and manage strategies within the team. This fast advancing company is looking for someone who is confident in using software’s such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Nifi. This globally diversified company offers stylish London offices, as well as substantial opportunities for growth.
What’s in it for you?
Head of Data Engineering will have a competitive salary of £100K + extensive benefits
- Outstanding company benefits and rewards
- Casual, fast paced environment with flexible hours
- Opportunity to gain experience working with a highly motivated team.
- Fast-tracked career opportunities and a personal development budget
Key Skills and Responsibility required
- Strong skills working with all aspects of the engineering team to enable technical standard improvements
- Experience using Kafka, Spark Hadoop eco systems
- Confident using streaming tools
- Strong skills managing and developing a team
- Experience with capacity planning
- Be able to get involved in strategy planning for all data needs
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL
- Understanding of Data modelling
- Taking responsibility for owning enterprise data models.
- Programming experience ideally with Python
The additional points below would be a great plus, but not essential:
- Experience growing and expanding into new product markets
- Strong communicator and presenter
- Previous experience working within a start up culture
To apply for this position please apply through our website.
Venturi (TVGL Inc.) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, ancestry, race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, transgender status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, domestic violence victim status, criminal or arrest record, unemployment status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.England, Greater London, London