12 month contract
£550 – £650 a day
Start Date: ASAP
My client based in Central London is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join a team on a 12-month contract basis as soon as possible. They are looking to fully optimise their current business by automating all necessary processes to make the business run as smoothly and efficient and possible. The ideal candidate will be able to work well as part of a team, but also be a self-starter that can motive themselves and those around you. Ideally, you will able to make smart business decisions and be able to present the benefits to the wider business in order to implement them at scale.
Experience Required for the role:
- Around 5+ years of experience in IT industry with strong expertise in cloud development and deployment environments.
- Design and Implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps Operations for Agile projects, working with technologies and platforms for example Linux, Git, AWS, Google cloud platform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker. A particular focus on Kubernetes, Helm, Docker and AWS.
- Deployed infrastructure on AWS utilizing capabilities such as Compute, Network, Storage, Security, Database
- Supported server provisioning activities, middleware installation and deployment activities via Ansible
- Work flow for Atlassian products: Jira, Confluence
Technical Stack used:
Operating Systems & Tools: Linux (Amazon, Ubuntu), Windows servers
Scripting Languages: Python & Shell Script
Configuration Management tools: Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes (kops), Ansible
Secrets Management: Vault
Virtualization & Cloud Services: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
Databases: Awareness of DB services from Cloud SaaS, eg Mongo, Postgres, Elasticsearch
CI Tools: Concourse
Version Control Software: GitHub,
Monitoring & log management Tools: Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd, Elasticsearch, kibana, CloudWatch
Build Tools & Repositories: Make
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, Confluence
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then please get in touch when you can! To be considered for the role, please send me your most up to date CV and I will get in touch.England, Greater London, London