DevOps Engineer required for a large consultancy based in Milton Keynes that engages with businesses and consumers on an international level. The client are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the internal team on an initial 6-month contract to contribute to architecture and engineer modern environments.
With more big projects due to kick off in the coming months, the likelihood for extension is high.
The client is looking for a DevOps Engineer who is an expert is VSTS to help lead and assist teams in proper best practices. You will be part of a team that is migrating existing instances into VSTS and will be expected to help teams with lesser knowledge. You will be reporting directly to the DevOps Development Manager.
The client is looking to move on this role as soon as possible with interview slots available within a week.
As a DevOps Engineer for this client your role will involve:
- Collaborating with software development teams, BA’s, Ops and Solutions Architects
- Taking ownership of deployment pipeline and make sure all teams are following best practices
- Setting an example to other teams by using VSTS to best practices and assisting teams when necessary
- Migrating JIRA and TFS instances into VSTS
- Automating manual deployments
In order to be suitable for this position you must have experience including:
- Azure or AWS (preferably Azure)
- Automation tools (i.e. Jenkins, Ansible, Kibana, Docker…)
- Understanding of automated test frameworks (Selenium, Jasmine, RSpec…)
- Experience with SaaS
- Experience of designing and delivering solutions that meet and challenge business requirements
On top of this it would also be desirable if you had experience in:
- Azure Certified or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Taken a product from concept to go through automated processes
- Cloud technologies SME
- ARM Templates
- Up to date with the latest technology and practices
- Understanding of security best practices
If you feel like you meet the requirements for this DevOps Engineer position, then please apply via the link. Alternatively, email a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call 0203 137 7005.
Start date: ASAP
Rate: £400 – £500
Duration: 6 months
Location: Milton KeynesBuckinghamshire, England, Milton Keynes