DevOps Engineer required for a leading Central Manchester based client, on an initial 3-month contract (extendable).
This DevOps role involves the design and delivery of technical solutions specified through agile project methodologies. Using tools such as Jira and Confluence, and executing code deployment, through testing, staging and production platforms.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be:
- Developing workflow and deployment automation tools in support of dynamic service creation across multiple application and monitoring components.
- Ensuring system deployments, software developments and access/authentication adhere to best practice
- The DevOps engineer will be Supporting development estimation activities and showcase deliveries
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Liaising with senior stakeholders, third party suppliers and the board.
Essential skill requirements for this role include:
A proven track record in software development methodologies, including the use of:
- AWS (ideally), Azure or Google
- Strong Linux server and cloud server management skills
- Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Code management through systems such as Git
- Able to manage infrastructure deployment
It would also be desirable if you can work with:
- Docker and/or Kubernetes and containerisation
- HashiCorp tools including Terraform
- CI/CD process and tooling including Jenkins
- Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana
- Knowledge of agile project methodologies, supporting effort estimations, leading spike activities and showcase presentations
- Demonstrable evidence of successful resource planning, utilisation and management.
As mentioned, this role is starting on an initial 3-month basis and is fully expected to extend, payable at a day rate of between £400-£420/day.
If you feel this role could be of interest and you would like to be considered for a position starting in the next 1-2 weeks, please apply via the link provided and we will be in touch.England, Greater Manchester, Manchester