DevOps Technical Engineer (PAAS, Azure, Agile, VSTS)
Initial 3 Months
£500 – £550 per day
One of the UK’s largest energy companies are revolutionising the way they gain value from data by introducing a new analytics platform.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Technical Engineer (PAAS, Azure, Agile, VSTS) to work in a Scrum team to build the foundations of a DevOps service with a focus on platform automation, Data Science and Developer self-service & CI/CD for analytics development on Azure.
The role will involve building and implementing the Azure Platform, implementing best practice and then working within the Dev Ops delivery team.
Key skills required for the successful DevOps Technical Engineer (PAAS, Azure, Agile, VSTS) include:
- Experience in DevOps on Azure and VSTS for Analytics Platform in Azure/VSTS
- Extensive experience of developing using the Azure analytics components, Data Lake Store, Data Factory, HD Insight, SQL DB/DW
- Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts
- Experience writing Powershell scripts to build and deploy environments using infrastructure-as-code, along with VSTS experience.
- Experience implementing CI/CD strategies
- Experience with designing/building analytics solutions using Azure cloud tech.
A demonstrable track record in a similar role is a necessity for this business critical role. The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside the box. This is an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Technical Engineer (PAAS, Azure, Agile, VSTS) in search of a new challenge that will push them out of their comfort zone.
This is an urgent requirement to work for a leading energy provider.
To apply, please click on the apply now button or send an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operates within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.Berkshire, England, Reading