DBA (SQL / HA / AZURE / DBA)
DBA required for a Leading consultancy and proud Microsoft Gold Partner. They are based in the Reading area due to their expanding customer base and growing dedicated support team they’re looking for a new member of the team!
As the DBA you will have the opportunity to operate with high level clients and take full ownership right from your second day. As the DBA you will have an amazing opportunity to join a strong team and take on training on new technologies such as Microsoft Azure (if you don’t have exposure to this already) and mentoring from some of the best Senior/Lead DBA’s and staff in the industry to take you to the next level in your career.
On offer for the DBA (SQL / HA / AZURE / DBA)
On top of a salary up to £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience plus discretionary bonus and amazing career, training and mentoring opportunities.
Other perks include for the DBA (SQL / HA / AZURE / DBA):
- Very friendly culture, family-feel and strong camaraderie environment.
- Company expansion and new projects means a variety of career progression options in the future.
- Cutting edge technology projects – exciting goals ahead!
- All employees can take Microsoft and further Certifications. (SQL Server-related MCSA and MCSE exams)
- Half a day each week for personal development.
Essential skills for the DBA (SQL / HA / AZURE / DBA) will have the following:
- 3-4 years working as a DBA
- Transaction 24 systems
- Ability to learn and adapt to how the client works!
- Detailed knowledge how SQL works
- Disaster recovery
- High Availability /Always On
- Performance tuning
- Dealt with P1 issues
- Has undertaken personal development and training to advance their skills and interests.
Desirable skills for the DBA (SQL / HA / AZURE / DBA) will have the following:
- Microsoft Azure.
- Business Intelligence tools.
- Mentoring Junior member of the team.
The DBA (SQL / HA / AZURE / DBA) duties will include:
- Full ownership from day two in the position (Senior support if you needed or required it).
- You will have the opportunity to work with over 400 database engines right up to SQL 2016 and Azure SQL DB.
- Performance tuning.
- Log Shipping.
- Disaster recovery.
- Project work will be on offer after a short time.
- Detailed SQL Server maintenance.
- You will have the opportunity to become a Senior/Lead DBA in a very short period. They would like to see you working one to one with 5-10 clients of your own.
- Having your mind set firmly set on influencing others and pushing juniors through to the next level.
- Sharing information and helping others through the process.
We are looking for someone with exceptional communication and skills who will be able to display excellent written and verbal English.
The company is currently undergoing a period of rapid growth and this is an opportunity to join a company that sits at the heart of Microsoft consultancy market, working within multiple industries.
To be considered for this role please get in touch ASAP by applying through this website or sending your CV to Edwin.email@example.com.
Keywords – SQL, Database Administrator, DBA, Microsoft Azure, MS, SQL Server, Install, Configure, High availability, disaster recovery, Log Shipping, SQL, Database Administrator, DBA, Microsoft Azure, MS, SQL Server, Install, Configure, High availability, disaster recovery, Log Shipping, SQL, Database Administrator, DBA, Microsoft Azure, MS, SQL Server, Install, Configure, High availability, disaster recovery, Log ShippingBerkshire, England, Wokingham