Database Developer (SQL Server/TSQL/SSIS) required by a Global and highly successful Marketing Company based in its Central London offices.
As a Database Developer you will be working for a market-leading Company who can boast an enviable client-base of leading house-hold names. This role allows you to work with a truly diverse blue chip Client portfolio, and as they are massively into career progression and training, you will attend industry conferences as well as internal innovation and best practice forums to ensure you rub minds with the best in the business and remain at the top of your game. You will also have scheduled innovation and training time to develop your skills and encourage professional development.
You will work alongside other highly skilled Database Developers in supporting and developing new and existing large-scale enterprise solutions. Working within an agile environment you will be responsible for developing new functionality as well as performing peer reviews to ensure code adheres to best practice. Being one of the go-to SQL specialists you will support the team in responding to client queries, setting expectations and ensuring process is adhered to.
Key responsibilities of Database Developer – SQL Server/TSQL/SSIS:
- Develop new and existing large-scale enterprise solutions using TSQL, SQL Server and SSIS
- Ability to work on a truly diverse blue chip Client portfolio across a number of industry sectors
- Developing new functionality according to a commercial brief
- Support junior team members troubleshoot technical issues such as database performance issues, failed ETL loads and bug fixes
- Keep your technical skills sharp – not only to do your job properly but to help the Company stay at the top of their business through the use of technology.
- Have the opportunity to work across a number of complex solutions, using latest technologies such as Big Data, Connected Customer Engagement, Omni-Channel Marketing, 360 Single Customer Views, DMPs
- Be responsible for challenging, developing and adhering to process to assist with continual improvement.
Essential Skills of Database Developer – SQL Server/TSQL/SSIS
- Solid experience of SQL Server, TSQL and SSIS
- At least 2 years data warehouse design ideally using Kimball methodology
- Full life-cycle development experience
- Must have a genuine interest in technology and SQL Server demonstrating an understanding of new SQL Server functionality available with later versions of SQL Server 2014 (and have reviewed SQL 2016)
- Source Control using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) – desirable
- At least 3 years of customer/PII data processing experience -desirable
- GDPR and in particular Privacy by Design and Rights of the individual – desirable
As a Database Developer you will receive a base salary of up to £60,000, along with a bonus and extensive benefits. Please apply within or email your CV to Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.England, Greater London, London