Database Developer (SQL Server/TSQL/SSIS) required by a Global and highly successful Retail Company based in its Central London offices. This Leading House-hold Company is regarded as one of the World’s best known retailers, as well as one of London’s tourist attractions!
As a Database Developer you will be working for a market-leading Company who is constantly investing in the latest technologies. You will be responsible for analysing, designing, implementing, improving and maintaining the Company’s BI and reporting systems.
Key responsibilities of Database Developer – SQL Server/TSQL/SSIS:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the data structures within the company’s core business systems
- To analyse and evaluate business requirements for data solutions, extracts and reports
- To develop solutions within an agreed timescale for the delivery of data and reports to end users throughout the business.
- Define, develop and document business processes and procedures for the use of database solutions.
- Configure and deploy database applications in line with company needs
- Work with other application specialists, to define and develop interfaces between applications and systems using T-SQL and SSIS
- Define and develop SQL queries to provide data extracts for digital and direct marketing.
Essential Skills of Database Developer – SQL Server/TSQL/SSIS
- Demonstrable skills in SQL Server Development & understanding of the Microsoft BI stack including T-SQL, Stored Procedures and SSIS
- Experience of using SQL Server up to 2014
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of system data structures and ability to define and develop business reports using report writing tools.
- Demonstrated structured approach to systems developing re-usable solutions where possible
- Demonstrated Knowledge / Experience of database management
- Experience of tuning SQL queries and reports for optimal performance
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of XML
- Good knowledge of Active Directory
- Retail environment experience
Desirable skills of Database Developer – SQL Server/TSQL/SSIS
- Experience using Cognos PowerPlay (not essential as full training is on offer for the right applicant)
- Experience of finance systems
As a Database Developer you will receive a base salary of up to £55,000, along with an extensive benefits package . Please apply within or email your CV to Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.England, Greater London, London