Data Modeling / Mapping Analyst
3 Months Contract
£300-350 per day
An experienced Data Modelling / Mapping Analyst is urgently required to join a client on an initial 3 months contract until the end of the year.
You will be part of a project to identify, record and visualize data and its flows internally and externally, so that a single source of truth is created and can be maintained. This will be used to inform change management, identify dependencies, and highlight areas of improvement for the business.
The Data Modeling / Mapping Analyst will be passionate about business analysis, data mapping, problem solving with a high attention to detail, have strong communication skills both written and verbally and also be experienced with technical documentation.
Key responsibilities required for the Data Modeling / Mapping Analyst include:
- Work closely with business analysts, along with key stakeholders inside and outside the organisation, to identify, record and map sources of grants data.
- Determine the most appropriate way to record information about the organisation’s data, ensuring that the selected solution is scalable and accessible for ongoing maintenance by the business.
- Create data flow maps and visualisations of the data which can be easily understood by business stakeholders.
- Ensure the produced data maps can be handed over to the business for ongoing maintenance after the project has ended.
- Undertake your work in accordance with the organisations policies and principles.
- Mentor and transfer knowledge to other analysts in the business to ensure that the selected solution can be successfully transitioned for ongoing maintenance and development in business-as-usual.
Essential skills required for the Data Modeling / Mapping Analyst include:
- Experience of data mapping and data visualisation is essential.
- Previous experience as a data modelling/mapping analyst.
- Previous experience of data / information analysis.
- Previous experience of producing scalable data maps and data visualisations.
- Expertise in software solutions for data modelling, mapping and visualization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to present complex findings and technical detail in an accessible way to stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills and diplomacy in managing stakeholders. Experience of collaborating with and influencing business and technical stakeholders, especially in eliciting tacit knowledge.
- The ability to clearly articulate progress against the project plan, identifying blockers and dependencies on the project and communicating these to the project manager.
- Effect and collaborative working relationships, working well in a project team to achieve results.
- Highly organised and efficient with high attention to detail and precision.
- Able to work on your own initiative and be proactive.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within timeboxes defined by the project manager.
Desirable skills required for the Data Modeling / Mapping Analyst include:
- Experience of working with grants data.
- Business analysis expertise.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies, or an Agile qualification is desirable.
The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. To apply for this role please urgently send an update of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.England, Greater London, London Wall