Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Python )
6-12 Month Contract
The Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Python ) will be joining a well established and reputable FinTech company supporting them in their large-scale data ingestion projects.
You will be working alongside the data scientists, DevOps Engineers and Data Architects to support them in the ETL process, building data pipelines on top of the Big Data platform.
Day to Day Responsibilities for the Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Python )
- Design and deploy existing data models and ETL pipelines in production.
- Writing high level scalable code.
- Building data pipelines on top of Kafka.
- Conduct reports and findings to investigate key business questions.
Essential Skills for the Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Python )
- Expert in Spark.
- Strong programming language skills with Python.
- Expert in building data pipelines on top of Kafka.
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- 2-3 years of experience in Big Data/Data Engineering and a BSc in Engineering or Computer Science or higher degree.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
Nice to have Skills for the Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Python )
- Experience with AWS: Redshift, RDS, EC2, DMS.
- Familiar with distributed processing platforms (e.g. Spark).
- Experience with continuous delivery.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Strong analytical mindset with an interest in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence.
If you’d like to discuss further, please click apply now.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.England, Greater London, London