Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / ML )
3-6 Month Contract
£500-600 per day (experience dependant)
Skilled Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / ML ) is required to join a small and dynamic team to design and develop data structures to support the needs of the team. You will be the link between the Data and Backend teams to improve data efficiency throughout the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / ML ) with an interest and experience in Machine Learning algorithms. The role requires you to utilise your Big Data skills to implement optimal solutions and strive for greater functionality in the data systems.
Key responsibilities for a Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / ML )
- Play a key part in the creation of a scalable data platform tools and solutions which are used for processing high volumes of data.
- You will be working with the Data Scientists, Backend Developers and Architects to contribute to the product life-cycle.
- Ability to write high level production code.
- Taking care of software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment.
Essential skills for a Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / ML )
- Strong knowledge of algorithms data modelling and data structures.
- Highly skilled in Big Data technologies (Apache Hadoop, PIG, Spark, PySpark or Hive).
- Worked extensively on SQL and a variety of database technologies.
- Ability to hit the ground running and portray an eagerness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels in the organisation.
Desirable skills for a Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / ML )
- Good understanding of Machine Learning capabilities (Spark MLlib, Amazon SageMaker/Google Cloud AI).
- Knowledge of Scala, Python or R.
- Previous experience with AWS systems.
- Machine learning solutions (SkLearn, SparkML).
- Experience with Druid.
If you’d like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now.England, Greater London, London