Data Architect ( Data Modeling )
3 – 6 months
£550 – £650 per day depending on experience
Data Architect ( Data Modeling ) is needed to join one of my Fortune 500 clients on an initial 3 – 6 months contract based in Cambridge.
As the Data Architect ( Data Modeling ) you will be working on a greenfield Data Warehouse implementation and will be responsible for building the enterprise Data model for DWH and ODS.
Essential skills required for the Data Architect ( Data Modeling ) include:
– Experience in enterprise data modelling (conceptual, logical and physical) for DWH/ODS.
– Data modelling for raw/business data vaults and Dimensions & Facts.
– Adherence to policies and standards and alignment with agreed strategies/regulations.
– Experience of using data modelling tools on Embarcadero ER/Studio, Erwin, Visio etc.
– Experience in performing data analysis and defining data strategies.
– Experience in designing/developing data architecture with a strong understanding of data & analytics.
– Data extraction patterns for Data Lake, ODS and Data Marts.
– Knowledge of Enterprise/Systems Architecture frameworks (i.e. TOGAF, SOA, UML etc).
– Experience in documenting functional and technical data flows based on business requirements.
– Functional Specification Document (FSD), Data Flow Diagram (DFD), Source-to-Target mapping and Meta Data Dictionary.
– Adherence to Architecture Principles, Data Governance, Data Strategy, Data Standards, Data Quality and Data Modelling, Data Definitions, Master Data Management (MDM), Data Warehouse Bus Matrix and Data Mapping Catalogue.
– Using Confluence, Box and SharePoint for project documentation.
– Agile Methodology (Kimball, Kanban, Scrum, TDD, BDD, XP) experience in large-scale projects.
– Daily Scrum Stand-ups, Sprint Planning and Retrospectives.
– Create product backlog items and user stories using agile tools e.g. JIRA.
This is a role for ambitious technologists who wish to work with the latest technologies.
Interviews are being conducted next week. If you would like more information, please click apply
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England