£200 – 300 per day
Data Analyst is required to join a Financial client on an initial 3-6 month contract, working within the IT Team and reporting to the IT Manager to develop and manage the information reports whilst familiarising with the in-house systems.
As the Data Analyst you will join a small but fast-growing team and will be responsible for examining the database and update or develop the systems including production of properly authorised and specified ad hoc reports or management information.
The ideal Data Analyst will be passionate about analysis with a high attention to detail and the ability to think outside of the box. You will enjoy working within a growing and changing environment and being involved in projects that have a real business impact.
Key responsibilities required for the Data Analyst include:
- Maintain an overall level of understanding and competence appropriate to managing the day to day running of all information systems.
- Work with stakeholders to construct models which assess the viability of new pilots or products.
- Performing ‘deep-dives’ on areas of the business to deliver insights & recommendations.
- Presenting potential actions based on the analysis of data to business owners and/or management.
- Ability to write SQL queries.
- Producing dashboards based on analysis to display findings and track performance.
- Generating complex reports on demand from senior business owners.
- Ability to work alongside both internal and external contacts including suppliers, potential business partners, professional and user group bodies.
- To gain a thorough understanding of the databases and other information sources.
Essential skills required for the Data Analyst include:
- Ability to manipulate data using SQL
- Data-driven mindset.
- Able to manage projects, prioritise tasks and self-motivate.
- Ability and desire to work in a target driven environment.
- Enthusiastic with a “can-do” attitude.
- Knowledge of business workings & processes.
- Passion and willingness to improve.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Carry out any other duties requested by the Leadership team that are appropriate to the position held.
Desirable skills required for the Data Analyst include:
- 2:1 or higher degree in a STEM discipline
The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. To apply for this role please urgently send an update of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgEngland, Greater Manchester, Manchester