Business Intelligence Analyst (SQL, Report Builder, PowerBI) required by a Leading Financial Services Company based near Reading. This Company is one of the biggest and most respected in its industry, and has an out-standing reputation in the market. As a Business Intelligence Analyst (SQL, Report Builder, PowerBI) you will facilitate the complete report development lifecycle from gathering requirements, report design and build through to analysis of output.
The right Business Intelligence Analyst will have excellent communication skills and will be confident in challenging senior stakeholders on their requirements.
Key responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Analyst (SQL, Report Builder, PowerBI)
- Capture and understand requirements for new reports and data-sets.
- Interpret and challenge ad-hoc requests in order to help customers articulate their requirements.
- Design and build automated solutions in Power BI/Report Builder.
- Write reports underpinned by clean, logical and efficient SQL.
- Demonstrate understanding of such reports by providing complimentary, written commentary.
- Extract relevant data from internal systems and present back in a clean/consistent format. Verbally communicate with customers on any information being presented.
- Maintain existing reports following update requests and bug fixing.
- Peer test and review other team member’s work.
- Challenge the internal use of data and current solutions. Present viable options for ways in which it can drive improvement.
Essential Skills of the Business Intelligence Analyst (SQL, Report Builder, PowerBI)
- Power BI/Report builder experience
- SQL – written queries from scratch for report development.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (Pivot tables).
- Confident communicator (Written and Verbal).
- Experience of producing Management Information.
- Confident in challenging senior stakeholders on their requirements if required
- Ability to present detailed information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Analytical / Numerical skills
It would be a BONUS if you have the following experience:
- Knowledge of financial services, in particular Mortgage lending or servicing
- experience working in reporting departments.
- Understanding of outputted data (What it means and how it can be used practically).
- Adaptable to the needs of the team and wider business, able to multi-task across requests covering different business areas and processes
This Company’s culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will be joining a meritocratic environment that promotes hard work and talent, so there will be a lot of opportunity for progression.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will receive a base salary of up £38,000, plus an uncapped bonus and extremely competitive benefits package including a brilliant pension plan of up to 13%, private medical, free parking, onsite canteen, minimum 25 days holiday to name but a few.
To apply for this exciting role, please send an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply within.Berkshire, England, Reading