Business Intelligence Analyst – Power BI / SQL / Excel
Business Intelligence Analyst – Power BI / SQL / Excel is required by a Leading Financial Services company based in the Wokingham / Reading area due to continued demand for their services. This company is one of the biggest and most respected in its industry and has an out-standing reputation in the market. As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will facilitate the complete report development lifecycle from gathering requirements, report design and build through to analysis of output.
The right Business Intelligence Analyst will have excellent communication skills and will be confident in challenging senior stakeholders on their requirements.
Key responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Analyst:
• Capture and understand requirements for new reports and data-sets.
• Interpret and challenge ad-hoc requests in order to help customers articulate their requirements.
• Design and build automated solutions in Power BI/Report Builder.
• Write reports underpinned by clean, logical and efficient SQL.
• Demonstrate understanding of such reports by providing complimentary, written commentary.
• Extract relevant data from internal systems and present back in a clean/consistent format. Verbally communicate with customers on any information being presented.
• Maintain existing reports following update requests and bug fixing.
• Peer test and review other team member’s work.
• Challenge the internal use of data and current solutions. Present viable options for ways in which it can drive improvement.
Essential Skills of the Business Intelligence Analyst:
• Power BI/Report builder experience;
• SQL – written queries from scratch for report development;
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel (Pivot tables);
• Confident communicator (Written and Verbal).
It would be a BONUS for the Business Intelligence Analyst to have:
• Knowledge of financial services sector;
• Previous experience working in reporting/MI departments.
This Company’s culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will be joining a meritocratic environment that promotes hard work and talent, so there will be a lot of opportunity for progression.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will receive a base salary of up £38,000, plus a very gernerous bonus and extremely competitive benefits package including a brilliant pension plan of up to 13%, private medical, free parking, onsite canteen, minimum 25 days holiday to name but a few.
To find out more about this role, please send your CV to Lewis Blades for review as initial interviews with the client are being arranged ASAP.
Key skills: BI / Business Intelligence / Analyst / Analysis / MIS / MI / Management Information / Power BI / SQL / Excel / Report Builder / Financial / Reading / WokinghamBerkshire, England