Build Engineer ( DevOps ) | Basingstoke | up to £70,000
Basingstoke-based consultancy are looking for a Build Engineer ( DevOps ) to join their growing team.
This globally recognised consultancy are looking forward to welcoming a Build Engineer ( DevOps ) to their Basingstoke team, and can offer competitive benefits including:
- Competitive salary between £50,000 and £70,000 for the successful Build Engineer ( DevOps ).
- Annual Bonus (up to 10%).
- Private medical care.
- Life insurance.
- Pension contribution.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
As this role is a mix of Build and Release Engineering plus DevOps, the desirable skills are as follows:
VSTS / Azure DevOps
- Management and Administration of VSTS Team Projects
- Management of users, both at account level and Team Project level (including Azure AD integration)
- Understanding of different source control options, ie, TFVC, Git, external Git (eg, GitHub) and how this choice impacts your build and release options
- Understanding Lifecycle Management including release and branching strategies
- Understanding of Agile project planning and implementing it using TFS/VSTS tools
- Creating Service connections, to link VSTS to Azure subscriptions, or Service Fabric clusters etc
- Creating Service Hooks to link VSTS to external services, such as Slack, MS Teams
- Creating build and release definitions for any type of project, including WebApps, Service Fabric, etc
- Octopus Deploy / Puppet / Chef / Ansible / Terraform
- PowerShell scripting for provisioning/changing Azure resources.
- ARM Templating for Azure resources
- Ability to create ARM Templates for creating new Azure resources, including but not limited to:
- VMs and PowerShell DSC
- Azure SQL
- Apps (Web, API, Function etc)
- Azure API Management
- App Service Environments
- DataLake, DataLake Analytics, Stream Analytics
- VNets (Understanding TCP/IP and networking fundamentals)
- NSGs / Firewalls
- Service Fabric Clusters
- Virtual Machine Scale Sets
- Azure SQL
- OMS / Log Analytics / App Insights
- Creating DevTest Lab environments for use by developers/testers
- Configuring firewalls (Azure SQL), NSGs
- General SQL knowledge
- Able to write scripts, create/manage stored procedures
- Understand models for Security settings, add users, set permissions
Of course, the successful candidate is not expected to have every single skill on the above list, but if this sounds like something that closely matches your skill set, and you are looking for your next challenge, please apply within or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
Basingstoke, England, Hampshire