Role: Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Cassandra )
Duration: 6 – 12 Months
Rate: £550-£700 Per Day.
My client is looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Cassandra ) to join on a 6 – 12-month contract.
The ideal Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Cassandra ) is experienced in working with large data sets and enjoys optimising and building data systems from the ground up.
The Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Cassandra ) will support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
The successful Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Cassandra ) will have a track-record of designing and optimising data architecture to support the next generation of products and data initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Experience building and optimising ‘big data’ data pipelines and large data sets.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Collaborating with data scientists and engineers across the organisation.
Essential skills include:
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, Cassandra or other NoSQL databases.
- Strong understanding and experience with Scala.
- Experience working on AWS or GCP.
- Confident in explaining technical information to senior stakeholders.
- Lead and mentor junior members of the team whilst remaining hands-on.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
A demonstrable track-record in a similar role is a necessity for this business-critical role. The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. This is an exciting opportunity for a Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Kafka / Cassandra ) which will allow the individual to work with the industries most advanced technologies.
If you’d like to discuss further, please apply now.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.England, Greater London, London