Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Hadoop / Scala )
The Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Hadoop / Scala ) will be integral to the data engineering team in their mission to be the industries leading HealthTech company.
You will be working alongside the data scientists to support them in the ETL process, building data pipelines and writing scalable code to run on top of the Big Data platform.
**EXPERIENCE WORKING IN THE HEALTHTECH INDUSTRY IS HIGHLY DESIRABLE**
Day to Day Responsibilities for the Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Hadoop / Scala )
- Build batch processing systems, ETLs and data ingestion flows.
- Writing high level scalable code.
- Leading the junior members of the Data Engineering team.
- Building data pipelines on top of Kafka.
- Implementing ETL pipelines.
Essential Skills for the Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Hadoop / Scala )
- Expert in Spark and Hadoop.
- Strong programming language skills with either Scala or Java.
- Proficient in Kafka streams / building data pipelines on top of Kafka.
- Strong experience with Spark, Hive, Impala and HDFS.
- Strong analytical mindset with an interest in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience working on NoSQL databases: HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
Nice to have Skills for the Big Data Engineer ( Spark / Hadoop / Scala )
- Experience building containers using Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with either AWS or GCP.
- Experience with Python, R, SparkML.
If you’d like to discuss further, please click apply now.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.England, Greater London, London