Big Data Engineer (Hadoop / Scala / Spark)
£500 – £600 per day (dependent on experience)
Passionate and experienced Big Data Engineer’s (Hadoop / Scala / Spark) are required to join a dynamic and fast-growing market leading company.
My Client is looking for a strong Big Data Engineer (Hadoop / Scala / Spark) who is an expert in operating the Hadoop cluster and building data pipelines.
Key responsibilities for the Big Data Engineer (Hadoop / Scala / Spark) include:
- An impressive track-record of designing, developing and testing big data solutions.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture working alongside the Architects, Data Scientists and Software Developers.
- Be able to confidently lead and mentor junior members of the team.
- Recommend ways to improve data efficiency and strive for greater functionality in the data systems.
- Experience working on multiple greenfield projects previously.
- Work within a large team to develop and implement optimal solutions, then maintain and monitor the quality.
Essential Skills for the Big Data Engineer (Hadoop / Scala / Spark) include:
- Possess the technical knowledge of all stages involved in building large scale applications and data processing systems.
- Strong Information / Database experience, ideally within a Big Data / Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience building and optimising data pipelines and large data sets.
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data technologies.
- Proficient within other big data technologies including Scala and Spark.
- Consultancy experience is preferable.
- Experience with Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Python and Kafka.
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic individual.
- BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Why should you apply?
- Great opportunity to work with the industries most advanced technologies.
- Full on-the-job training.
- Free on-site parking.
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please apply now.
(You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK)England, Greater London, London