Big Data Engineer / Developer ( Spark / S3 / Hive )
A thriving transport organisation based in Central London is looking to expand their Big Data team, in readiness for a new and exciting Big Data Ingestion Project to commence early January 2014.
They are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer / Developer ( Spark / S3 / Hive ) to enter an agile environment, building data pipelines that will impact both existing customers and drive new business.
The right candidate will enter a passionate team of Data Engineers and Developers, using cutting-edge technologies to implement the ETL Pipelines.
The Big Data Engineer / Developer ( Spark / S3 / Hive ) will work closely with the Product Manager and business staff, using their own initiative to take responsibility when required.
Essential skills for the Big Data Engineer / Developer ( Spark / S3 / Hive ) include :
- Expert understanding and knowkedge of Apache Spark
- Expert knowledge in at least one programming language (Python / Scala / Java)
Desirable skills for the Big Data Engineer / Developer ( Spark / S3 / Hive ) include :
- Experience in using AWS Stack and scalable relational databases such as (Redshift / Teradata)
- Understanding of Apache Nifi
- Sound knowledge of Apache Kafka
- Masters degree in Mathematical Sciences or statistical related subject
Key Responsibilities for the Big Data Engineer / Developer ( Spark / S3 / Hive ) include :
- Ensuring smooth implementation of code into cloud environment
- The ability to share knowledge with team members and provide support when needed
Why you should consider the Big Data Engineer / Developer ( Spark / S3 / Hive ) role :
- Competitive salary on offer
- Great work benefits, including regular lunches out and events with team members
- Opportunity to attend worldwide conferences and Big Data events
If this sounds like you, send your updated CV to Olivia on email@example.com or ring on 02031377005
Interviews for the Big Data Engineer / Developer ( Spark / S3 / Hive ) will take place over the next few weeks, with a view to commence project in January.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this roleEngland, Greater London, London