Big Data Architect ( Kafka / Hadoop / Nifi )
£600.00 – £700.00 per day (dependent on experience)
A Big Data Architect ( Kafka / Hadoop / Nifi ) is required to join a dynamic BI function in Central London.
My client is in the process of revamping their platform in order to process even larger volume of data near to real time. The knowledge and passion of a data enthusiast is therefore required to support this new process, applying hands-on architect experience to obtain the highest success rate.
Key Responsibilities for the Big Data Architect ( Kafka / Hadoop / Nifi ) role include:
– Help to design and develop the new real time data platform
– Work to conceptualise, evaluate and build proof of concepts on new models, tools and techniques
– Work alongside other team members, acting as a mentor when needed and sharing key skills
– Monitor and tune performance of the system
– Create design patterns, frameworks and standards on the codebase and infrastructure
Essential Skills for the Big Data Architect ( Kafka / Hadoop / Nifi ) role include:
– Expert and professional knowledge of core Hadoop distribution stack – more specifically: Hadoop, V2, HDFS, Spark, Pig, Hive, Impala and ZooKeeper
– Adept understanding of distributed computing principles
– Expert knowledge in Java/Scala programming languages
– Expert knowledge in handling stream data including Kafka, Kafka Streams, Spark Streaming and Storm
– Expert knowledge in messaging platforms, including: Kafka, Apache Nifi, Flume, Scoop and RabbitMq
– An expert understanding of data integration
– A sufficient understanding of relational databases, including: Oracle, SQLServer and MySQL
– A sufficient understanding of NoSQL databases, including: HBase, Cassandra and MongoDB
– A sufficient knowledge of data model design techniques, including: OLTP and Dimensional Modelling
– Some experience with popular distributions such as Cloudera, MapR and Hortonworks
Why you should apply for this Big Data Architect ( Kafka / Hadoop / Nifi ) role:
– The client offers a challenging and fulfilling work environment, using cutting-edge technology
– Great opportunity to work within an innovative global company on a new project
– Various team building events, learning labs and lavish corporate events
– Office perks including game consoles and tech, table tennis, pool table, darts, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and ice-cream
You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK.
If you would like to be considered for this Big Data Architect ( Kafka / Hadoop / Nifi ) role, please click Apply.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.England, Greater London, London