BI Developer ( SQL Server, SSIS, ETL, Power BI )
3 – 6 months
£350 – £400 per day depending on experience
A BI Developer ( SQL Server, SSIS, ETL, Power BI ) is required on an initial 3 – 6 months contract to support the delivery of enterprise Data Warehouse solutions for one of my Financial Services clients based near Reading.
As the BI Developer ( SQL Server, SSIS, ETL, Power BI ) you will be responsible for the following:
• Working within a small, talented IT team to design, develop and maintain Data Warehouse reporting solutions to satisfy requirements.
• Consuming new data sources, modelling of business data, conforming to the existing design and standards.
• Designing and developing changes to the Data Warehouse, reporting and ETL packages
• Define and challenge the technical direction of projects and solutions to ensure they are scalable and flexible and adhere to existing design and standards
• Working with team members to develop report specifications, determine appropriate technical solutions, helping to develop reporting capability
• Ensuring quality of data and reports by performing and participating in peer reviews, unit & functional testing
• Working with third parties when necessary to ensure optimal outcomes for the business
• Performing data analysis and data validation to ensure accurate reporting results.
• Proposing innovative solutions to improve the delivery performance, operational and technical capability
• Maintaining and enhancing technical skills as appropriate to reflect current market developments Working with internal and external stakeholders the BI Developer will have a real passion for technology and will possess excellent client facing skills
The successful Data Warehouse Developer ( SQL Server ) will have experience in the following:
• Extensive experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
• Proven experience working with the Kimball methodology
• Data Analytics
• Proven Data modelling experience
• Solid understanding of software life-cycle including QA standards
Desirable skills for the successful Data Warehouse Developer ( SQL Server ) include:
• Experience working with Power BI
• Experience working in the financial services industry
• SQL Server version – 2016+
• Experience working in an Agile environment
If you would like to be considered, please send an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgBerkshire, England, Reading