BI Developer ( SQL Server / SSAS / SSIS )
3-6 Months Initially
£400 – £500 per day
A BI Developer is required to join my prestigious client based in Surrey, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, integration and data governance on systems including; Azure, SQL Server, Power BI, SSAS Multi-Dimensional and SSAS Tabular.
The role will vary depending on the project but will primarily focus on the performance of the Data Warehouse and support of enterprise-level applications in the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics arena.
You must be able to take a lead role on projects that utilise products within the Microsoft BI Stack, as well as being able to produce core SQL components independently using existing objects and code.
Role and responsibilities of the BI Developer ( SQL Server / SSAS / SSIS );
- Support all levels of development activity, from requirements analysis through to implementation and support.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the BI assets, including performance tuning reporting queries as well as data integration.
- Provide support to production applications.
- Interact with end users to establish their requirements and develop or enhance solutions.
- Write advanced queries to extract results from relational databases.
- Become an expert in the business data models.
- Act as team mentor.
- Develop and establish strong and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential experience required for the successful BI Developer ( SQL Server / SSAS / SSIS ) include;
- Relational Databases and SQL Language
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using SSIS
- Data Warehouse / Solution Design and Dimensional Modelling (Kimball Methodology)
- OLAP Cube Development (SSAS and MDX)
- Tabular Model Development (SSAS and DAX)
- Report Development using Power BI or SSRS
- Experience working to Scrum or Agile
Desirable experience for the successful BI Developer ( SQL Server / SSAS / SSIS ) include:
- Cloud exposure; Azure, AWS & GCP
- NoSQL exposure e.g Hadoop, MongoDB, Databricks etc.
- Experience in Data lakes
- Experience with DevOps
- Exposure to C#/VB .Net in an enterprise environment