Azure Data Engineer ( Azure / SQL Server / DevOps )
3 Months Initially
An Azure Data Engineer is required to join my prestigious client based in Guildford; you will be responsible for re-designing the data ingestion process to work in the cloud whilst also moving other existing on-prem projects to an Azure environment.
The client is looking for somebody who has extensive experience within Microsoft SQL Server both on premise and in the cloud (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS).
The role of an Azure Data Engineer requires recent experience with Azure as well as constantly developing technical skills and knowledge using the latest Azure technologies.
You will also be comfortable working in a collaborative environment as part of a team and will have proven experience of working well in Data Engineering teams to successfully deliver projects.
Essential Experience required for the successful Azure Data Engineer ( Azure / SQL Server / DevOps ) include:
- Exposure to On-prem and cloud versions of SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
- Experienced in using SSDT with respect to SQL Server database, SSIS, and SSAS projects and their deployment in relation to stories and tasks.
- Experience of parameter driven deployment
- Unit testing using tSQLt or a similar framework
- Strong TSQL skills across all database objects, to such an extent that one is also able to reverse engineer requirements if need be.
- SSAS knowledge of MDX for creation of calculated measures and dimension members, dynamically processing cube based on delta movement.
- Creation of SSIS packages using BIML and metadata stored in a central repository.
- Storage and execution of SSIS packages for on-prem.
- Experience in the creation of pipelines to orchestrate the ELT/ETL delivery.
- Experience of their delivery using metadata would be nice to have.
- Storage and execution of SSIS packages
- Azure SQL database
Desirable Experience for the successful Azure Data Engineer ( Azure / SQL Server / DevOps ) include:
- ARM templates development and deployment to create services and pipelines.
- Databricks notebooks exposure in conjunction with Python/Scala.
- DevOps exposure with SQL Server and Azure.
- CI/CD exposure
This collaborative environment is one that promotes creativity and the ability to work well within a team. To apply for this role please urgently send an update of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.Guildford