Azure Data Engineer
6 Month Initial Contract
£550 - £650 per day (D.O.E)
Fully Remote (London)
Azure Data Engineer is required to join a growing BI & Analytics team for a client in the Retail Industry.
As a Data Engineer you will be working collaboratively within an agile delivery team to design and develop BI Solutions.
- Strong data engineering experience using core Microsoft Azure technologies: Data Factory, Data Lake, Azure SQL, Synapse, Analysis Services
- Development using SQL, Python, PySpark and Databricks
- Azure database experience (Synapse EDW, SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working within a Scrum/Agile delivery team that are fully responsible for the quality of the software they build and deploy
- A proven track record of delivering well engineered solutions using best practices such as TDD, CI/CD, peer review etc.
- CI/CD using Azure DevOps
- Experience of wider Azure services used for infrastructure build and monitoring (ARM, Policy, Monitor, Log Analytics etc)
- Strong experience of Power BI (Power Query, DAX, Power BI Service)
- Previous experience of delivering DW & BI using Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience working with an environment where operation support and monitoring of code and systems is part of the culture (DevOps)