Data Engineer (Mid/Senior/Lead) - Databricks / Spark / Azure
If you are a Data Engineer, then you will want to be working with this company!
They are one of the fastest growing organic startups in Europe and are taking the industry by storm, and as such, you'll be working alongside the best in the Cloud community.
You'll be helping them provide senior business leaders with end-to-end, full stack data expertise. They aim to help clients set up their data in a way that will enable faster decision making and accelerate performance. They work with industry leading clients as well as high-growth start-ups, covering a range of industries including retail/FMCG, media, CPG & gaming. They are also firm believers in high quality training and ongoing support for their employees, believing it to be a vital ingredient for success. The successful candidate will be working as part of a small delivery team while also being semi-embedded within a client team.
Basic salary on offer, depending on experience (DOE) is between £50,000 - £90,000, with full benefits outlined below.
Essential Data Engineer Skills:
- Python & SQL: Design and implement code.
- Azure Data Platform stack. (DataFactory, DataLake, Synapse)
- Spark / PySpark
- Data modelling: Ability to design well-structured tables.
- Software engineering mindset: Ability to automate tasks and deploy production standard code.
- Stakeholder influence: Ability to clearly communicate work and provide confidence to drive change.
- Business insight: Ability to understand complex business processes.
The ideal Data Engineer will also have:
- Expertise in building end-to-end data products.
- Expertise in using modern data tools including but not limited to Spark, Python, Azure
- A passion for building high-quality products.
- A Passion for Data, a results-oriented mindset, and an eye for detail.
- Clear communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently within teams.
Bonus & Benefits for the Data Engineer include:
- Up to 7.5% Annual Bonus.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, with a flexible approach to personal leave
- Pension scheme, life and critical illness cover.
- Regular team events inside and outside of work.
- Training and exposure to best-in-class ways of working.
- Investment in your learning and development and the opportunity for fast progression.
- Exposure to an exciting range of clients.
- High impact role - many of the team have saved millions for clients.
- Friendly and highly talented team, with limited bureaucracy and hierarchy.
The Data Analytics space is booming right now and as such this is an excellent opportunity for a Data Engineer to join a Cloud Data Analytics Specialist. If you want the opportunity to grow your career, work with prestigious clients and make a name for yourself, please send your CV to Matthew Annett for review and further information.