JOB TITLE: BI Manager
REPORTING TO: Head of BI
PURPOSE: This is a key role in the organisation with oversight of both BI Development and BI Analysis sections of the team. You will support the Head of BI with the delivery of a new company wide BI infrastructure bringing together the data from all our core systems to provide a single view of the business.
- Work with the Head of BI to contribute to, agree and continuously develop the BI strategy and roadmap with view of prioritising effort where potential return and impact is greatest.
- Provide leadership to a team of Business Analysts and BI Developers.
- Taking a leading role in developing and managing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Promote, lead and proactively manage the development of BI products and resources ensuring the quality of work meets the needs of internal customers.
- Ensure that all documentation of the technical design and procedures are kept up to date in accordance with Data & Analysis standards.
- Promoting and managing an Agile development approach (Scrum master).
- Supporting the Head of BI to implement the company's policies, processes and procedures relating to data governance & risk.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid experience and understanding of BI tools, development and database management systems.
- Experience of line management, or coaching/mentoring others.
- Proven experience of managing and implementing BI platforms within organisations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collate complex business requirements from stakeholders.
- Proven experience of working to an Agile development approach and tools (DevOps).
- Significant experience of planning, producing and delivering data products.
- Proven experience of creating and maintaining a data driven culture.
- Knowledge and experience of coding languages such as SQL, T-SQL, Pyspark and DAX.
- Knowledge of ETL Design and tools such as Azure Data Bricks, Synapse, SSIS or similar.
- Experience of delivering Analysis and Insights through BI Visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau and Qlikview. Preferably, Power BI.
- Experience with any ERP system.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Python and API integration.
- Exposure to Azure and Cloud Platforms.
- Exposure to Data Lakes and other Big Data Technology.
- Experience with Infor M3 (ERP) or Deem (ETL).
- Experience of development through PowerApps.
- Self motivated to define and execute team strategy.
- Able to empower and motivate a team.
- Able to identify team strengths and needs.
- Excellent problem solver
- Organised, delivery focused and comfortable working on own initiative.
- Comfortable with leading on agile principles.
- A clear communicator that is comfortable with working with all departments and levels of seniority.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don't want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
If this sounds interesting and you would like to know more please send a copy of your CV to Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org