Azure Data Engineer
6 Month Initial Contract
£450 - £550 per day (D.O.E)
Fully Remote (London)
Azure Data Engineers are required to join a growing BI & Analytics team in the Retail Industry. As a Data Engineer you will be working collaboratively within an agile delivery team to design and develop BI Solutions.
Key Skills / Experience:
* Strong data engineering experience using core Microsoft Azure technologies: Data Factory, Data Lake, Azure SQL, Synapse, Analysis Services
* Development using Python (for data engineering) and SQL
* Strong experience of Power BI (Power Query, DAX, Power BI Service)
* CI/CD using Azure DevOps
* Azure database experience (Synapse EDW, SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience of working within a Scrum / Agile delivery team that are fully responsible for the quality of the software they build and deploy
* A proven track record of delivering well engineered solutions using best practices such as TDD, CI/CD, peer review etc.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
* Hands on experience with Databricks
* C# development skills
* Experience of wider Azure services used for infrastructure build and monitoring (ARM, Policy, Monitor, Log Analytics etc)
* Previous experience of delivering DW & BI using Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
* Experience working with an environment where operation support and monitoring of code and systems is part of the culture (DevOps)
If you would like to be considered, please apply or message me directly with your interest and we can get an initial call booked in this week.