Data Architect (Azure Cloud / Kafka / Java)
£500 - £650 / day outside
6 Months initial
The client is looking for an experienced Data Architect, who can design and build a new Azure cloud data Warehouse, migrating from their existing on-premise data warehouse solution.
You will be responsible for the design and execution of the project, there will be a team of 3 individuals working on this project. Data Architect (Contractor), Data Modeller (Contractor) and a Data engineer (Perm).
The Essential Experience Required:
- Proven track record in Data Warehouse Design.
- Strong Kafka experience - preferably this will have been used in your last role.
- Azure Storge Solution Experience
- Good Java experience.
- Team City and GitHubs Actions for storage of DevOps (CI/CD) Pipelines and management.
- KSQL experience
- SnowFlake, Domino, DataBricks
- Good experience with Data collection & Data extraction products.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and deliver to schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work independently and within a team to reach deadlines.
The Desirable skills:
- Confluent experience
- Overall Azure stack experience
- Apache Spark