Azure Data Engineer
- 6 Month Initial Contract (long term project)
- Outside IR35
- £450- £550 per day (D.O.E)
- 95% Remote (1 or 2 days a month in London office)
- November/early December start
A Senior Azure Data Engineer is required to join a long-term project with a leading gaming company.
Joining a mix of on-shore and near-shore data professionals in a large-scale data platform project hosted on Databricks.
The project is at greenfield/early stage and is a great opportunity to get hands on with the latest azure tools.
Key Skills / Experience:
· Strong data engineering experience using core Microsoft Azure technologies: Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake, Azure SQL, Synapse, Analysis Services
· Experience with Python (Spark & Pyspark) and SQL
· CI/CD using Azure DevOps
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience of working within a Scrum / Agile delivery team that are fully responsible for the quality of the software they build and deploy
· Ideally multi-cloud experience with Azure and AWS.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of Power BI (Power Query, DAX, Power BI Service)
- Previous experience of delivering DW & BI using Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience of implementing big data / analytics services
- Experience working with an environment where operation support and monitoring of code and systems is part of the culture (DevOps)