A Cloud Engineer is needed to join a multinational Insurance client on a contract basis to provide day-to-day technical management of IT infrastructure as part of an ongoing transformation project. The role is needed to be filled ASAP.
Working with various teams across the company, responsibilities will include improving processes and procedures, supporting audit activities, proactive prevention of production incidents, technical ownership of allocated Infrastructure & Cloud services, management of the currency and security protection of the infrastructure, and building, managing, and automating a disaster recovery plan in AWS as part of a business continuity program.
The ideal candidate would be an efficient problem solver and an independent self-starter, capable of working pro-actively and taking individual responsibility. They will also have experience of working as part of a Infrastructure team supporting on premise and cloud datacentres with a team first mentality.
Essential Skills Required:
- 5 years Infrastructure Operations experience supporting Azure, AWS, and on-premises infrastructure
- Understanding of at least two of the following languages:
- PowerShell, Python, Bash, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- 3 years experience with VMware and Virtualisation to create workflows and blueprints
- Experience creating and supporting IaaS services in Azure and AWS Cloud
- Tier 2-3 IT support experience
- PowerShell expertise, the ability to understand existing solution scripts, as well as writing re-usable efficient code utilising parameters and functions, and turning data into useful information using PowerShell reports querying disparate systems
- Experience with ITIL application implementation and processes
- Understanding of Linux
- Experience with Git workflows
- Knowledge sharing, documentation, and general service management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Qualifications in AWS or Azure
- Experience with SCOM, VRA, PRTG, or VRops monitoring tools
- ITIL accreditation
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry