Data Engineer (Python/Spark/Databricks/Azure)
3-6 Month Initial Contract
£500 - £600 per day (D.O.E)
Azure Data Engineers are required to join a growing BI & Analytics team at a leading Microsoft Gold Partner Consultancy. As a Data Engineer you will be working collaboratively within an agile delivery team to design and develop BI Solutions.
Key Skills/Experience: Azure Data Engineer
- Strong data engineering experience using core Microsoft Azure technologies: Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake, Azure SQL, Synapse, Analysis Services
- Development using Python (for data engineering) and SQL
- Strong experience of Power BI (Power Query, DAX, Power BI Service)
- CI/CD using Azure DevOps
- Strong experience with Pyspark
- Azure database experience (Synapse EDW, SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working within a Scrum/Agile delivery team that are fully responsible for the quality of the software they build and deploy
- A proven track record of delivering well engineered solutions using best practices such as TDD, CI/CD, peer review etc.
Desirable Skills/Experience: Azure Data Engineer
- Previous experience of delivering DW & BI using Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience of implementing big data/analytics services
- Experience working with an environment where operation support and monitoring of code and systems is part of the culture (DevOps)
If you would like to be considered for the Azure Data Engineer Requirement, please apply with an up to date copy of your CV.