£375 – £425 per day D.O.E
This is an exciting opportunity for a BI Developer ( SSIS / SSAS / MDX ) to work for Leading Retailer in Birmingham.
You will work within a dynamic IT Development team to support business requirements for the provision of BI systems change (Full Microsoft BI Stack) and end to end reporting and analytics development services.
You will be working and developing on new and existing projects on the Data warehouse, Cubes and Reporting for Finance, Operations and Commercial teams.
Roles & Responsibilities;
- System development related activities in support of the business requirements for the provision of new and updated BI systems; from requirements analysis through to implementation and support.
- Analyse, translate and capture functional and non-functional business reporting requirements and change to create solid ETL (SSIS), database design and reporting (SSRS, SSAS, MDX).
- Design and development of enterprise database warehouses across the full SDLC to support strategic insight and analytical focussed decision.
- Develop on multiple existing projects, as well as support for BAU and potential for Greenfield work across the global business.
- Utilise best practice methods in accordance with Kimball methodologies; recommending enhancements to existing systems and process to ensure continuous improvement.
- Design and develop a clear presentation layer to enable effective business decision making and metric tracking based on business requirements, using tools like SSRS, Power BI, Tableau and other self-serve delivery methods for business stakeholders at all levels.
- Liaise with all areas of the business and stakeholders of the projects as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain clear, concise and comprehensive design and specification documentation
- Support other development and test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate, taking a lead on projects as required by the business.
- Own and resolve database related bugs and issues as required by the business or project, providing support to production applications (within working hours).
Essential Skills/Knowledge Required;
- 3-5 years commercial experience as a SQL BI Developer, preferably in a change team environment; Degree qualified or relevant professional qualification and level of experience.
- Proven knowledge and experience of full Microsoft BI Stack across a full project life cycle -using SQL Server 2008 and above:
- ETL using SSIS
- Data Warehouse/Solution design and dimensional modelling (Kimball Methodology) o OLAP Cube development; proven experience of MDX to derive cube calculations and creating MDX driven SSRS reports
- Experience of designing and developing high quality complex reports in SSRS and/or using visualisation/specialist analytical tools and technologies like Tableau, PowerBI, PowerPivot, Advanced Microsoft Excel etc.
- Experience of data integrations including web services/APIs
- Self-starter/able to work independently and work consistently in high pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills, Strong Customer relationship building skills and ability to liaise with 3rd parties
- Strong analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
- Strong Business Analysis skills to identify and gather requirements, excellent written skills to disseminate solution documentation
- Ability to organise and manage own time according to agreed project priorities and deadlines
Desirable Skills/Knowledge Required;
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development methodology and structured approaches to development
- Understanding of master data management processes, techniques and tools.
- Experience of Retail business
- Experience of working with large amounts of data,
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and providing guidance to more junior team members
- Willing to travel to various UK business locations (Birmingham, Manchester, London) if required.
The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. To apply for this The BI Developer ( SSIS / SSAS / MDX ) role please urgently send an update of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgBirmingham, United Kingdom, West Midlands